Where Can I Buy CBD Oil?
The first question that most people ask after learning about the potential benefits of CBD oil is “where can I buy CBD oil?” The terminology can be confusing and the choices available to you can be overwhelming. So we’ve created this CBD Oil Buyer’s Guide to help you make the choice that is right for you.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you make the right decisions about buying CBD oil.
STEP 1: What type of CBD oil are you looking for?
CBD oil is extracted from cannabis. CBD oil that has more than 0.3% THC (the psychoactive ingredient in cannabis) is a Schedule 1 drug whereas CBD oil with less than 0.3% THC is currently legal in all 50 U.S. states. Generally, the CBD oil with more than 0.3% THC is extracted from marijuana while the CBD oil with less than 0.3% THC is extracted from hemp. Both marijuana and hemp are considered to be cannabis.
Typically, those wanting to use CBD oil for conditions such as cancer or extreme chronic pain will need CBD oil with a higher percentage of THC. CBD oil with more than 0.3% cannot be purchased online. You need to live in or visit a medical marijuana state and be certified to purchase from a dispensary (a store that sells cannabis products).
CBD oil from hemp can be purchased online. Increasingly, there are also local health stores and vape shops that carry CBD hemp oil products.
STEP 2: How do you want to consume your CBD oil?
You have several options in terms of product types. Sublingual drops that you place under your tongue are the most popular. Vape oils are the second most popular and are popular among those who may be treating for migraines or anxiety. This is because vaping gets the CBD into the bloodstream almost immediately versus the 30 minutes that it may take with the drops.
Other product options include capsules, gummies and topical creams and salves. There is no “best” way to consume CBD oil for everyone. It’s really more of a personal preference.
STEP 3: If you choose to order CBD hemp oil online, how do you choose a company to order from?
If you ask 10 people to tell you the best CBD oil brand, you are likely to get 10 different answers. There are literally hundreds of companies that are currently selling CBD oil products online. And the fact is that most people don’t do much research before making a CBD oil purchase.
Are they all the same in terms of product quality and customer service? Absolutely not!
To help those who are overwhelmed by the number of choices, we maintain a short list of CBD oil brands that we recommend. These brands have been vetted for product quality, customer service and feedback from users.
A few other do’s and don’ts when buying CBD hemp oil online:
- DO only buy from a company that provides third party lab reports. Reputable companies have these lab reports which validate quality on their websites or make them easily available via email. If a company won’t provide third party lab reports, then you really have no idea what’s in their product.
- DON’T pick a brand based on the recommendation of one person. This is especially true if that person will benefit financially from you buying from them. There are many multi-level marketing brands of CBD oil brands being sold by “brand ambassadors.” Some of them have been known to make outrageous claims and give outlandish personal testimonials. Understand that they have a vested interest in getting you to buy their product so they make a commission from the sale.
- DO your own research and read reviews of different brands before choosing a brand. There is NO brand that works for everyone. Go with the brand that feels right for you and your situation.
- DO consider buying a CBD oil sample before you commit to a larger purchase. Quality CBD oil is not cheap. So getting a sample bottle can give you the chance to see if that brand works for you without breaking the bank. Click here for our top picks of CBD oil samples.
- DO check to see if there is a promo code for the brand that you choose. This is an easy way to save as much as 30% on your purchase just by entering a promo code at checkout. Click here to see our list of CBD oil promo codes.
Other Frequently Asked Questions About Buying CBD Oil
How can I compare prices across brands?
CBD oil products come in different bottle sizes and concentrations. This can make it confusing to compare prices across different brands. The correct way to do this comparison is on a price per milligram of CBD basis.
To do this, you simply divide the price of the product by the number of milligrams of CBD in the product. This allows you to an apples-to-apples comparison across brands. It also allows you to see how much you can save by buying a larger bottle or higher concentration.